Warning: mysql_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/www/prajishsankar.com/blog/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3026
AKPK or Agensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit (Credit Counseling And Debt Management Agency) is an agency set up by Bank Negara Malaysia in April 2006 to provide free financial counselling and debt management to individuals as well as financial education to help individuals take control of their financial situation and gain peace of mind that comes from the wise use of credit.
AKPK Credit Counseling And Debt Management Agency offers the following services free of charge:
- Financial Education
- Counselling and Advice on Financial Management
- Debt Management Programme (DMP)
If you fall into any of the following points, you will need help from AKPK:
- If you are not in control of your money;
- Have more debts than you can manage;
- If you are living on paycheck to paycheck;
- Are only able to pay the minimum 5% on your credit card bills;
- If you are taking cash advances from your credit card to meet your expenses;
- Do not have any savings to meet personal or family emergencies;
- If you have debt collector calling you regularly;
- If you are being served legal notice of demand.
To get assistance from AKPK, you may visit any of AKPK offices located nationwide, such as:
Kuala Lumpur – Level 8, Maju Junction Mall, Jalan Sultan Ismail
Any of AKPK branches i.e. Penang, Kuala Terengganu, Johor Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, Ipoh, Kuantan and Melaka.
The services offered by AKPK are free of charge. For enquiries, you can call AKPK toll free no. : 1 800 88 2575.
AKPK Credit Counseling And Debt Management Agency has produced a book called Money Sense which is available at their offices. Money Sense book is also available as an e-book. There is also a Malay version of Money Sense and it is called ‘Celik Wang’.
Download Money Sense e-book (English version)
Download Celik Wang e-book (Malay Version)